Bluebird was established in 1993 (January) under the license from Government of Nepal's Ministry of Tourism. Since its inception and operation the company has been providing efficient and professional services to all of its valued domestic customers and international tourist.
The company has its registered office at Thamel, the prestigious street of airlines and travel agents. It occupies 1200 square feet with sophisticated communication equipment and computer
Wholesale & Retailer Operators for Tours, Jungle Safari, White Water Rafting & Treks in Nepal & Tibet &Bhutan. Ticketing both International & Domestic. GSA -Mountain Air , Skyline Airways, Cosmic Air & Gorkha Air. PSA of all International airlines operating in Nepal.
- Nepal Association of Travel Agents (NATA), Nepal
- Spain Chamber of Commerce (NSCC)
Mr. Sambhu Pathak
Mr. Amar Pandey
Mr. Shambhu Pathak
Executive Member of NATA ( Nepal Association of Travel Agents). Before the establishment of Blue Bird Travel worked in different leading travel agencies of Nepal in various capacities since 1986.
Mr. Amar Pandey
Director - Operations
Previously employed by Lincoln International School (the American College Preparatory School for expatriates in Kathmandu) as Assistant Nepal Studies Coordinator in-charge of all trek, travel and coordination with Nepalese institutions.
Aparna Aryal Pathak
Other services at very competitive rates
- Trekking, Tour in Nepal , Tibet & Bhutan, Thailand, China & India
- Rafting in Nepal.
- Blue Bird Nepal Packages.
We provide these services for groups and FIT and also cater to school / college groups.
- Hotel Bookings in Nepal
- Jungle Safari Bookings.
- 5 Star Packages and Casino Packages Bookings.
- Domestic & International Air tickets including mountain flights & Air charter.
- Cargo Services both Air & Sea Cargo.
- Arrangement of Seminars and Conferences
- Special interest Cultural Tours
- Filming tour
- Special interest tours like hunting, Yoga & Meditation, Bird watching, etc.
- Surface Transfers.
- Helicopter Tours & Charter within Nepal.
- Shopping assistance & assistance to Business travelers.
- Hot Air Ballooning.
- Bangui Jump
We have under our employ very competent and well trained staff to cover all sectors of the travel trade that we are engaged in. Our city guides are very experienced, and fluent in English, Chinese as well as other major international languages. Trek and Raft guides have been trained at the Government of Nepal's Tourism Training Center (HMTTC). Our cooks have also been trained at the HMTTC in Continental, Chinese, Indian and Nepalese cooking. They are also trained in first aid and emergency rescue procedure.
All our rafting trips are under the supervision of our raft manager, employing only Nepal Association Of Rafting Agents (NARA) approved and trained river guides.
Number of staff under our permanent employ
Office Staff : 11
City Guides : 4
Trekking Team : 6
Rafting Team : 5
We have other staff who work for us on a contractual basis according to our needs such as cooks, sherpas. rafting helpers other staff according to requirement
We have 2 Japanese cars, 7 Seater latest van, 12 seater Hiace van, 20 seater Japanese coaster and one German Minibus that we use for sightseeing trips and domestic transportation within Nepal.
Spacious - 100% water proof - A shaped 2 man tents. Usable above snow line (5000 + m.) . 15 person dining tents. Toilet tents
- Dinning Table & Folding Chairs.
- We use Kerosene & Gas stoves so as to help preserve the ecology.
- Top class Cooking Pots Pans & Cutlery.
British made 16 Ft. Avon Professional Rafts.
Made from Imported Materials.
All imported top quality Dry Bags, Barrels, Throw Bags, Camera Barrels etc.
- It is our company policy to send one Team Leader from the company on all our group trek & raft trips to supervise
all arrangements during the trip and ensure top quality service.
- Hygiene : We have established very high standards of hygiene and take all necessary precautions in the preparation of foods. Drinking water is boiled + served every morning, while on trek to refill water bottles and wash hands and face.
- Food : The menu for the trip has been designed to provide variety as well as to fulfill the nourishment requirement of the body, keeping in mind the rigorous nature of the trip. We appreciate suggestions for additions and substitutions of items on the menu as per your preference.
Apart from the past experience of the directors during their last employment the company in the last 3 years has organized treks to all the major regions of the Kingdom including several treks to Mt. Kailash in Tibet. During the season we run weekly rafting trips in the Trishuli, Sunkoshi, Seti and Kaligandaki. We have had the pleasure of organizing trek & rafting trips for groups from Europe, America, Australia & New Zealand, India, Singapore, Taiwan, Hongkong & Japan among others